General Warranty for OEM equipment
OEM warranty will be extended to all OEM products sold as stock unit.
Warranty for Plixir Power products
- Plixir Power Supply equipment will have a warranty period of one year. This warranty does not include damages due to electrical surges, lightning damage, improper voltage connections or other acts of God. It also does not cover damage due to customer negligence. Customer negligence includes using an inappropriate sized power supply in the application. For instance using a small BAC (150W model) to power a huge power amp (Class A 200W), or using a BDC-2Amp to power a 7-Amp rated PC, or using a wrong voltage on your equipment (eg, using a 15Vdc BDC on a 5Vdc device). Consult us if you are unsure of any change of use of our Power products from its original application.
- If your unit exhibits failures within 30 days of delivery to you, we will cover the shipping charges (economical route determined by us) and correct the issue at no charge, provided you obtain an RMA from us and ship it within the initial 30-day time frame.
- If your unit exhibits failures after 30 days of delivery to you, please contact us to arrange an RMA before sending the unit. Please note, we will not be held responsible for any shipping costs.
- All Modifications are done on a custom basis per unit and all sales are final, no refunds and no returns. By placing an order, the buyer signifies agreement to these policies.
Sound Affairs is not responsible for any products or modification not done and installed by Sound Affairs.
Sound Affairs performs upgrades and modifications on any “Pre-Modded” equipment by other parties (user or other companies) will be on a case-to-case basis. Please check with us first.
- Sound Affairs reserves the right NOT to perform any upgrade or further modifications to any original equipment (which fails our burn-in test) or “Pre-Modded” equipment by any other parties (User or other Companies).
- Any further modifications by other parties (user or other companies) performed on a Sound Affairs modified equipment will void all warranty.
- For all Sound Affairs’ installed Parts, there will be a warranty period of 3 years. This includes non wear and tear parts, such as capacitors, diode rectifiers, voltage regulators, clocking circuits, audio signal coupling transformers, operational amplifiers, wiring and connectors etc.
General Warranty Information for Equipment under OEM Warranty:
- Modifications will void your OEM manufacturer warranty of the stock unit.
- For equipment under existing OEM warranty:
We will cover the balance of the warranty period of the equipment after modifications, up to 1 year. The installed parts and components by Sound Affairs will enjoy a 3 years warranty period.
For example, the original equipment has 1 year of Warranty and after 4 months into use, the customer decides to send the equipment to Sound Affairs for modifications. After the modifications are performed, we will cover the balance of the warranty, that is 8 months. The installed parts and components by us will enjoy a 3 years warranty period.
Another example, the original equipment has 5 years of Warranty and after 1 year into use, the customer decides to send the equipment to Sound Affairs for modifications. After the modifications are performed, we will cover 1 year of the product warranty (not the balanced 4 years). The installed parts and components by us will enjoy a 3 years warranty period.
- For NEW equipment modded and purchased directly from us (or authorized dealers): The general warranty period for new modded equipment will be 1 year.
When equipment under warranty comes in for modifications, we will run extensive tests (including burn-in test) on the unit prior to modifications. Only if the equipment passes our pre-modifications test, then will we start to modify the equipment. As such, it will take a longer time for the modifications to be done.
We are not responsible for damage due to electrical surges, lightning damage, improper voltage connections or other acts of God. Not responsible for customer negligence.
Operation of this unit must be conducted in the same manner as described in the owner’s manual of your unit.
Items not covered by the equipment manufacturer’s warranty, like wear and tear parts including, but not limited to Lens / Tray gears on disc players, capacitors leakage due to usage etc, are not included in the warranty.
For international Customers: For most items, we will only ship new equipment purchased directly from us and perform modification on it. This ensures that you save on shipping, and guarantees the condition 100% of the equipment when it leaves our workshop. Packing of the equipment will also be optimal, as the original equipment’s packing will be used.